St Columba’s Primary is a school which operates with the consent of the Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne and is operated and governed by Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools Ltd (MACS).
MACS governs and operates 292 Catholic schools in the Archdiocese to continue the mission of Catholic education to proclaim the Good News and equip our young people with the knowledge, skills and hope to live meaningful lives and enrich the world around them.
Because the good work of educating the young is a co-responsible task led by every member of the Catholic school community, School Advisory Councils have been established to provide a crucial point of connection between the wider school community and school leaders.
This governance model was designed to ease the administrative burden on our schools and parishes, allow parish priests to focus on the mission of education in the parish, enable greater collaboration between schools and ensure greater consistency in school policies and procedures.
Care, Safety & Welfare:
- MACS Pastoral Care of Students Policy
- MACS Attendance Policy
- MACS Duty of Care Guidelines
- MACS Medical Management Policy - School Level Policy Template
- MACS Medical Management Policy - Administration of Medication to Students
- MACS Medical Management Policy - Medication Authority Form
- MACS Medical Management Policy - Communication Plan Template
- Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy
- Child Safety Code of Conduct
- PROTECT: Identifying and Responding to abuse - Reporting Obligations
- Engaging Families in Child Safety Policy
- Democratic Principles Statement
- School Philosophy Statement
- School Advisory Council Manual
- School Advisory Council Terms of Reference - single or multiple parish parish
- Working together in mission: Charter for parishes and schools in the Archdiocese of Melbourne
- MACS Code of Conduct for School Advisory Council members
More information on MACS is available at https://www.macs.vic.edu.au.