St Columba's is abuzz with activity every day of the week and there is a plethora of experiences students can become involved in. Some experiences are designed for all students. One such event is St Columba's Kids. For this, students across the school come together in small multi-age groupings which are led by teachers. The purpose is to enhance connectivity across the school and to build social and emotional skills. Other examples include celebratory days such as the recognition of and workshops related to Chinese New Year and Lantern Festival, and the Feast Day of St Columba. Other events are specific to different year levels, such as inter-school sports events, footy/basketball clinics or swimming lessons.
Many activities are open to all of our students and are optional.
- Lunchtime Lego Club
- Lunchtime Games Club
- Lunchtime Library Club
- Lunchtime Chess Club
- Morning Run Club
- Participation in the St Columba's Snow Team
- Peaceful Kids - supporting students who experience anxiety
- Participation in competitions such as the Australian Mathematics Competition and writing competitions
- Morning yoga sessions (additional cost involved)
- Private Music lessons (additional cost involved)
We feel that offering all of these opportunities assists students with finding their passion, and are an important part of a holistic education.