At the end of the financial year, we submitted our report for the second year of funding for the Port Phillip Bay Fund Operation STEAM Clean the Bay (Science, tech, Engineering, Arts, Maths).
A quick snapshot of our incredibly busy 12 months:
- We achieved 5 stunning stars!
- We completed our Kids Teaching Kids conference
- Climate Change Choir is up and singing and the talk of the town
- Our rain garden is doing incredibly well
- We completed our informative expert in residence program during the year
- School/ community activities completed including the successful Eelwood Eel Festiveel, Take 3 for the Sea, Clean up Australia Day, bird lists for Elsternwick Park and National Tree Day
But wait it doesn’t stop there……in the past 12 months the following hours were volunteered:
- Green Team meetings and project management – 106.5 hours
- PR communication contribution – 129 hours
- Environmental projects (litter collection, tree planting etc) – 355.5 hours
- Climate Change Choir – 262 hours.
When valued at $30 an hour, we have made over $29,000 contribution to the school (and environment)!
Well done to all of the Green Team parents, Eco Warriors, Steph, Chris, the wonderful Port Phillip Eco Centre and everyone who has been involved in our successful year.
Enjoy a well deserved break everyone!