Our school community is committed to the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children in our care.
Our Student Wellbeing Leader works with the staff, parents and outside agencies to ensure the best possible experiences at school for students.
A supportive positive learning environment contributes to the development of a students’ sense of self worth, enthusiasm for learning and optimism for the future.
We offer a range of opportunities for our students through:
- Wellbeing Week at the start of each term – sets the tone of healthy, happy relationships for the year ahead
- Bounce Back (Prep – Year 6 resilience program)
- Circle Time – every week
- Better Buddies program
- Student Leaders (Year 6 students) and SRC – from Year 1 to Year 6
- Playground Leaders (Year 5)
- Eco Warriors
- Orientation to school (new Preps)
- Transition to Secondary School (Year 6)
- Peaceful kids program – supporting children suffering anxiety and stress
- SEL sessions each week
- Whole school fun day at the end of each term
Good role modelling and respectful relationships are essential in providing a safe, secure and happy environment for all members of the St Columba’s school community.